Evaluation of interactive radio instruction for out of school children in the Democratic Republic of the Congo Job at War Child Canada
Job ID: #1998844
Career Categories: Program/Project Management
Country: Democratic Republic of the Congo
Theme: Peacekeeping and Peacebuilding
Years of experience: 10+ years
Job type: Consultancy
The consultant will conduct a program assessment of War Child Canada’s radio based totally training application for out-of-school youngsters elderly 12-16 in South Kivu, DRC.
War Child Canada works with conflict-affected communities to help children reclaim their formative years thru access to education, possibility and justice. War Child Canada has over 15 years of experience operating in groups in struggle and publish-war zones. All work is applied in direct partnership with nearby groups, nearby NGOs and other stakeholders the use of a toddler-focused approach. War Child Canada presently works in Uganda, Sudan, South Sudan, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Uganda, Iraq and Jordan, and is a registered Canadian charity primarily based in Toronto.
In 2014 War Child Canada became funded through the Partnership to Strengthen Innovation and Practice in Secondary Education (PSIPSE) initiative. PSIPSE is a funder collaborative that seeks to increase secondary schooling get admission to and improve getting to know consequences for marginalized populations and price range the improvement and testing of progressive models to cope with boundaries to participation and achievement in secondary schooling.
Through PSIPSE, War Child Canada carried out a pilot application that uses interactive radio instruction (IRI) to improve the educational consequences of out-of-school youngsters aged 12-sixteen. One of the goals of the pilot is to evaluate whether the usage of IRI in a war-affected environment can improve the instructional outcomes of out-of-faculty kids.
Lessons are broadcast over the radio 5 days a week for 1.5 hours. A overall of 300 college students attend 10 network IRI centres to pay attention to the declares with the support of education assistants according to classroom. Approximately 70% of the students are woman. Currently, the mission has produced and carried out lessons protecting years 1 and a pair of of secondary college.
The reason of this application evaluation is to have interaction beneficiaries and stakeholders to assess the effectiveness and great of the IRI schooling version that has been evolved. In specific, the evaluation will cognizance at the version’s prospects for scale up and hints for taking the model to scale, options to make sure the sustainability of the model, and an evaluation of program fine and recommendations for enhancing mission layout and implementation.
Scope of labor
In collaboration with War Child Canada, the consultant will develop and finalize the evaluation approach for use. Additionally, additionally along with War Child Canada, the consultant will set up the center questions and additives to be addressed inside the assessment. These may additionally encompass:
· The capability of the venture to boom educational consequences for out-of-college youngsters, specially ladies
· Whether the model allows for extended get right of entry to to schooling in warfare affected or hard to access environments
· The effectiveness of different components of the version, including Community Education Committees, Education Assistants, schooling centres and the recorded training
· The potentialities and alternatives for scale-up and long time sustainability of the mission
· Government buy-in of the version and their mind-set towards scale up of the version
· Methods for enticing out-of-faculty populations which includes tips for student retention
· The effectiveness of the challenge’s approach to monitoring and assessment and how it could be bolstered
Although the unique methodology could be evolved through the representative, it is expected that the consultant with interact a ramification of stakeholders including college students, training assistants, government officers, community schooling committee contributors, War Child Canada and partner team of workers, parents and other stakeholders.
Key deliverables for this challenge include:
· Finalized methodology and statistics series and assessment gear used for the evaluation.
· A very last document with the representative’s findings, instructions found out and suggestions. The file must cope with all the key components and questions diagnosed on the outset of the assessment.
The period for this assignment is 15 days in May and/or early June 2017. This includes time for file assessment, in-country statistics series and producing the final document.
Experience and abilities
· Demonstrated revel in comparing community based totally programs in struggle affected environments
· Experience with M&E and studies methodologies
· Experience amassing, analyzing and presenting quantitative and qualitative statistics
· Ability to work in a group and coordinate evaluation teams
· Experience evaluating training initiatives – enjoy with improved gaining knowledge of and/or interactive radio guidance (IRI) an asset
· Familiarity with the DRC and the DRC’s education gadget an asset
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to send an expression of interest electronically to: jobs@warchild.Ca.
The expression of hobby must consist of the subsequent:
· Curriculum vitae
· Proposed method, workplan and timeline
· Proposed rate and fees to finish the specified deliverables
· Confirmation of availability
Please make certain your utility email has the concern heading of “DRC Evaluation – [insert your name]”
War Child Canada is committed to imparting a work environment wherein all people are handled with admire and dignity. Final candidates will be vetted in accordance with War Child Canada’s Child Protection Policy, such as suitable reference and safety checks.
Only those candidates decided on for an interview could be notified. No phone calls please. For more records approximately War Child Canada, please visit www.Warchild.Ca.
Closing date is: 05 May 2017
Consultant: Evaluation of interactive radio instruction (IRI) for out of school children
April 24, 2017 General & other Jobs, Monitoring and Evaluation, Project and Programme Management, Strategy and Consulting